summer is over, i think
* * * * *C was leaving early this morning for some Toastmaster's hoo-ha before work.
"So who would be a Toastmaster's idol? Who would be at the pinnacle of speech making?" I asked.
"Martin Luther King," C said.
"Yeah, he was pretty good," I said. "But so was Hitler."
* * * * *Oona and I have little talks as we walk (well, I push and she rides) to daycare.
"Oona ... what colour is that house?"
"That's right! And what colour is that house?"
"No, yellow. What about that house?"
"No, white. Okay, fine. But Oona ... what sound does an owl make?"
"Whhoooooo, whoooooo ..."
* * * * *Soon afterwards, we saw a girl so skinny that she looked like a praying mantis wearing jeans. She didn't walk so much as awkwardly perambulate.
* * * * *Oona hates it when I say, "I have a hypothesis!"
"No no no no," she'll say, shaking her head.
* * * * *Is it just me, or does the Libyan thing seem to be getting news coverage waaaaay beyond its actual importance? Because the last time I looked, Libya was a desert with six million people and a crazy/bad guy that the world had been accommodating for forty years. I mean, I know it's fun for reporters to say "rebel alliance", but even Lockerbie didn't get this much press.
* * * * *On Saturday morning, Oona and I are at the park. Also there is a middle-aged couple, a young family, and four other dads with their toddlers. When I got home I told C about it.
"Oh, they're giving mom a break," she said.
"Yeah, giving mom a break," I said, not looking up, because I was cleaning out the fridge, which I like to do before I go get the week's groceries.
* * * * *And why was Sid Crosby the lead story on the national news last night? Was this just to give us a break from the Libya thing?
* * * * *The CBC should not be televising performances by orchestras. That's boring and weird. It should be televising interesting things that have orchestral accompaniment. Show me a bear attacking a dinosaur or something.
* * * * *My wife will never understand why I find the 'vigilante' mode of Grand Theft Auto so relaxing.